In this post, you will get to know more about ardha dhanurasana or half bow pose.
Meaning of Ardha Dhanurasana:
This is a Sanskrit Name for Yoga Poses, Postures and Asana
English Name for this Yoga Pose, Posture and Asana is Half Bow Pose.
Persons who can’t do Ardha Dhanurasana/ Half Bow Pose:
Recent or chronic injury to the legs, hips, neck or arms; pregnancy, recent abdominal surgery.
Benefits of Ardha Dhanurasana/ Half Bow Pose to the Body Parts:
Aids in fat loss or Weight Reduction
Greatly increases sense of balance and mental focus
Stretches thighs and ankles
energizes and strengthens the entire body, and especially builds core body strength. Half bow stimulates the kidneys, adrenals and reproductive system
Modifications + Variations to Ardha Dhanurasana/ Half Bow Pose:
- Use a yoga strap looped around the foot and held with one hand.
Reach both hands back to hold onto the raised foot/ankle for a deeper backbend.
Below asanas to perform before this pose:
Below asanas to perform after this pose:
Crocodile, Bow, Snake.
How to do Ardha Dhanurasana/ Half Bow Pose:
- Lie on your stomach with your arms extended forward.
2. Bend your right knee and bring your right heel close to your glutes.
3. Reach your right arm back and hold your right ankle with your right hand.
4. Inhale and pull your body up. At the same time, lift your head and chest off the floor. Bring your focus to the point in between your eyebrows. Make sure your navel is touching the floor.
5. Lift your left hand up and extend it in front of you.
6. Lift your left leg up and point your toes towards the ceiling.
7. Stay in this pose for 5 long breaths.
Then, release your right ankle / big toe and lie flat on your belly and then repeat the same steps for another leg.
Therapeutic Applications of Ardha Dhanurasana/ Half Bow Pose::
Therapeutic for back ache.
In order to experience live yoga classes, Join our regular yoga classes now with online yoga classes also available.