Introduction to Ananda Balasana:
Feeling Stressed? You are not alone. Due to lifestyle changes, almost everyone feels stress. There are some asanas which are very helpful in releasing stress. some of them are noted below:
- Standing forward bend.
- Cat-Cow Pose.
- Easy Pose.
- Head to knee forward bend.
- Bridge pose.
- Corpse pose.
- Childs pose.
- Ardha kurmasana
- Happy Baby Pose / Ananda Balasana
Meaning of Ananda Balasana / Happy Baby Pose:
This is a Sanskrit Name for Yoga Poses, Postures and Asana
English Name for this Yoga Pose, Posture and Asana is Happy Baby Pose. As this pose resembles to the baby laying on the back and holding the feet with both the hands, hence happy baby pose name given.
Persons who can’t do Ananda Balasana/ Happy Baby Pose:
Recent or chronic injury or inflammation to the legs, shoulders or neck.
Benefits of Ananda Balasana/ Happy Baby Pose to the Body Parts:
- Induces feelings of relaxation and happiness
- Rejuvenates back, arms and hips
- Strengthens digestive system
- releases the low back, lengthens and realigns the spine, strengthens the legs and opens the hips.
- Gently stretches the inner groins and the back spine Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue
- Being a good hip opener, it needs the strength of the arms, instead of allowing gravity to do the work. Hence, this pose comes under the poses that work with arm flexion or help to make the biceps strong.
- The pose helps release tension from the area of the lower back.
- As mentioned earlier, it helps open the hips, shoulders, and chest.
- The pose also helps stretch the inner groin, spine, back, inner thighs, and hamstrings in a gentle manner
- It provides deep compression of the stomach.
- It relaxes the sacrum.
Modifications + Variations to Ananda Balasana/ Happy Baby Pose:
a) if u cant hold feet, use use yoga strap or hold back of the thighs
b)support head on a thickly folded blanket
C) let the hands be clasped under the knees.
Vinyasa Poses to Ananda Balasana/ Happy Baby Pose:
Below asanas to perform before this pose:
Below asanas to perform after this pose:
Supine Pigeon Pose,
Belly Twist Pose,
How to do Ananda Balasana/ Happy Baby Pose:
1. Sit in dandasana with both legs stretch forward.
2. Slowly laid down on the back
3. Bend your both the knees and hold the big toes of both the legs.
4. Hold it for for few minutes and then slowly with the exhalation keeps the leg down.
Helps in bringing relief from fatigue and stress, not only to the body but also the mind.
Helps in bringing down the rate of the heart, bringing relaxation& calmness to the mind.
However, to experience the benefits, it is essential that you practice the pose on a regular basis.
In order to experience live yoga classes, Join our regular yoga classes now with online yoga classes also available.